Today marks one year since Grandpa Hank passed away. We still miss his sparkling blue eyes and feisty spirit, and we're doing our best to keep that spirit alive every day. I think he'd be proud. We love you, Grandpa.
Feisty spirit? Yes, I think he'd be proud for sure!
Evelyn's second tooth (her other lower one) finally popped through last Friday, and as soon as that happened, her mood turned around. She napped like a champ on Friday and Saturday, and she was very good at church on Sunday. Now I feel bad for thinking she was so whiny last week...!
| Bed head! |
Evelyn and I managed just fine on our weekend alone, although we are very happy to have Daddy home again. Thank you all for your kindness and support after my grumpy post last week. Matt's mom watched Evelyn for a few hours on Friday, which helped break up my time as a single mom, and I was proud of the fact that I strapped Evie in the front carrier and got Roscoe out for a walk every day that Matt was gone. This is no small feat!
The big thing these days is that Evelyn REALLY wants to walk. She'll sit and play with toys for a little bit, but then she'll look at me, reach her hands up, and and lead me around the house. She loves to explore, and she especially loves to "walk" into the bathroom and look in the mirror. I can either follow behind her on my knees and get rug burn, or walk behind her and get a sore back from crouching over her! It is pretty cool to see her developing this new skill, and she is just so cute that it's all worth it!
| Bubble bath! |
| Avocado - yum! |
Here are a couple videos from the week - one of Evelyn enjoying some avocado, and another of our little musician-in-training!
We had another birthday celebration for Matt last night, and of course, his best gift of all is Evelyn! She kept the bow on her head for quite a while!

No comments:
Post a Comment