Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day and 9 Months Old!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Evelyn turned 9 months old on Friday.  It's hard to believe she has been out in the world as long as she was in utero. Happy 9 Months, Sweet Angel!  Here's a little recap of the past 9 months...


As you can see, at 9 months old, Evelyn is much more busy than she was before!  She is too big for the lamb chair, but I had to take some photos of her in it for old time's sake.  

I have heard a lot of people say, "9 months up, 9 months down", which makes me feel like my body should somehow be back to normal now.  Let's just say that I've still got 5 pounds of baby weight to lose, my lush pregnancy hair fell out and I have all this new hair growing in on my head that sticks up straight when blow-dried, I'm not as flat-chested as I used to be, and half of my old pants still won't button over my little paunch.  Other than that, though, I'm totally back to normal!  Ha ha.  All that being said, I am incredibly grateful to my body for all it has done: growing a little person, and sustaining two humans for the past 18 months.  It's quite a miracle, if you ask me.
Hanging out with Daddy at her 9-month checkup
Evelyn had her 9-month checkup last Friday, and she is still a tall, skinny girl.  She weighs 16 lbs. 3 oz. (9th percentile), and she's 29 inches long (91st percentile).  She didn't have to get any shots this time, so it was a fun, social visit at the doctor's office, and we got the thumbs up that she's doing well.


Our future St. Mike's purple knight!


Our poor girl also had her first fever last week.  It was awful for us to watch, but she handled it like a little trooper.  She was just subdued and sleepy, and we spent a lot of time snuggled up reading books.  Fortunately, it was just a 24-hour virus, and she bounced back quickly.


When Matt got home from his trip last week, he brought Evelyn her own shaker egg, and she has already figured out how to play it!  Is she going to be the next percussionist of the family?


This was one evening after dinner (hence the food on her lips), and I was playing peek-a-boo behind the rice cereal box.  There is nothing better than the sound of a giggling baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment