This week has been kind of uneventful, and I have to admit that it's hard write a blog post to follow the cute Valentine's Day photos from last week! I will give you a few glimpses of our day-to-day, starting with the drum photos above. Matt will often give me a break and whisk Evelyn off to the basement for various musical endeavors, especially playing drums. I can tell she's catching on to the concept, because she tries to drum on everything from the toilet lid to my thigh!
As many of you know, another exciting item in our basement is the kegerator. Not so exciting for babies (we're not that deadbeat), although Evelyn was quite pleased with the new keg that arrived last week. It's the perfect height for her to hold on to and stand. Baby keg stands? Not so much.
We have been able to get out for several walks this week since we are having a "non winter" and the sidewalks are totally clear. Evelyn looks like such a little marshmallow in her snow suit, but she loves getting fresh air, just like we do!
![]() | ||
| Nestled in, flowers to deliver to Mommy on her right |
A few times this week, I've been amazed by Evelyn's developing mind. First, after I was talking about the sheep in one of her books that says "baaaaa", she looked at me, and matter-of-factly said, "Ba." I thought I had imagined it, but I was able to get her to repeat it for Daddy, so I'm not crazy! She's good at the "b" sounds, so if I ask her to say "bear" or "book", she has started trying to repeat those words, too.
As far as foods go, I'm still breastfeeding (hoping to make it to 1 year, at least!), and we're letting Evie try lots of little bites of our food in addition to her normal solid foods. This week, she tried Grandma's homemade chicken soup (first meat!), grapefruit, and blueberries. Surprisingly, the only thing she didn't like were the blueberries. That's right - she liked grapefruit! Yogurt, rice cereal, sweet potatoes, and applesauce top the list as her current favorites.
![]() |
| Nice teeth! |
We are continuing to spend the majority of Evelyn's awake time walking around the house with her. She knows where she wants to go, and has her little routines. She likes to say hello to the photos on the fridge, give herself a kiss in the full-length mirror in the bedroom, visit Roscoe, etc. We can catch an occasional break from walking by putting her in her Jenny Jump-up or Jumperoo so that we don't turn into Quasimodo!








No comments:
Post a Comment