Tuesday, September 20, 2011

19 Weeks Old and some videos!

First day back at work!

I survived my first week back at work, and Evie did great spending a day with each of her grandmas.  I surprised even myself by handling the transition back to work without any trouble (do I need to remind you how much I normally hate change?!).  I felt like a dead-beat mom for not being more sad about leaving my baby girl, but I think it was a combination of the fact that she's 4 months old, I'm only in the office two days a week, and she's in very good hands while I'm at work.  It was great to see everyone at PKC, and it's going to be nice working part-time!  My first work-at-home day yesterday was a little more challenging, but I managed to get some work done in between breastfeeding and keeping Evie entertained.  I definitely feel more tired since I'm getting up earlier (and the Phish concert last Wednesday night didn't help), but I also feel like I'm more productive with my free time.  The worst part about going to work is pumping milk while I'm away from Evie, as well as the number of bags we need when we leave the house in the morning.  Matt is an awesome helper, though, and he's doing the drop-offs, which makes it way easier for me in the mornings.

I can hardly believe that Evelyn is now 19 weeks old.  I was reminiscing about how crappy I was feeling last year at this time, at the height of my fatigue and nausea of the first trimester.  YUCK.  It's so much more fun now, and I can see how worthwhile the journey of pregnancy was.  I also remember how excited people were when they found out I was pregnant last year, and I didn't really get it at the time.  Now that I have a baby of my own, I am overjoyed when I hear of a new pregnancy, knowing the extraordinary love that the new parents will experience when they meet their little one.  (Congrats to all you pregnant ladies reading the blog!)

Evelyn is becoming louder and more animated by the day.  She laughs and "talks" quite a bit, which is great, except when we're somewhere quiet (like church!).  I don't want to stifle her, but we admit to jamming her pacifier in to keep the volume down from time to time!  Evie's next trick is going to be rolling from her back to her belly.  She hasn't made it over yet, but she is so close! 

Here are a couple videos to give you an idea of Evie's voice!

4 comments:

  1. My aunt got married when my brother had just discovered his vocal abilities (I was not alive at the time so this is all hearsay) and really enjoyed how much echo he made inside the church... Just to warn you :o)

    --Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! Karlos is not very ticklish, so it took awhile to get those little giggles out (although he made up for it by grinning at everyone and thing). Now, he laughs at his Daddy, and occassionally me. LOL

    Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, I'm very afraid! :-) Bridget, one of these days, we've got to get the babies together!

    ReplyDelete