Friday, April 22, 2011

38 Weeks

Well, we're in the "red zone", meaning that I could have this baby any day.  The doctors say anywhere 2 weeks before or after your due date is fair game.  So, we have to keep in mind that it also means I could be pregnant for another MONTH!  Let's hope not.  I'm still not feeling any signs or symptoms yet, aside from being pretty exhausted and ginormous.  My feet also get kind of sore if I stand for a long time since I've got all this extra weight on them!  I keep thinking that I can't get any bigger, and then I do!  I have also had to stop wearing my wedding rings, because they were getting tight, and I was afraid they'd get stuck on my finger.  This is the first time since we've been married that I've had my rings off for more than about an hour!

This week, we got the car seats installed in our cars, and we got our bassinet all ready to go for when Evelyn comes home.  Matt finished staining the bookshelves, and we should have them in the room and all set up this weekend.  I'm also going to get my hair cut this weekend, because who knows I'll have a chance to go next.  I had an appointment with the midwives on Tuesday, and the baby's heartbeat still sounds good.  My blood pressure and belly measurements are also good, so we're grateful that things are continuing to go well.  My Group-B Strep test results were negative (yay!), so I won't have to be put on antibiotics during labor and delivery.  I'll be going to the midwives every week until the end, so my next appointment is on Thursday next week.

The baby is now as long as a leek (about 19.5 inches), and apparently she has plumped up to about 6.8 pounds!  No wonder I've been so hungry!  Her organs are all ready for life outside the womb, and her hands have a nice strong grasp.  We've been starting to wonder what she'll look like, how big she'll be, etc., because it all seems a little surreal at this point.  All we can tell from the outside is that she sure is continuing to grow.  How could you disagree when I look like this?? 



Matt set up a MealTrain website for us for after the baby is born.  It's a site where you can go and sign up for a day to bring us a meal (and visit the baby).  I'll put a link on the right-hand side of the blog - thank you in advance for anyone who is able to help keep us fed!  :-)  I'm sure anyone who knows us knows that we like our food!

Wishing you all a Happy Easter this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment