Friday, April 8, 2011

36 Weeks - The Glider Arrived!

I can't believe I'm 36 weeks pregnant.  We have about a month to go until the due date (28 days, to be exact).  It still seems surreal that we're going to have another little person in our family so soon, but we are getting very excited to meet her!  According to the Baby Center, she's almost 6 pounds today and about 18.5 inches long.  They compared her to a Crenshaw Melon, but who knows what that is??

I am happy to report that our glider finally arrived this week, two months after we ordered it, so it's one more thing to check off the list.  It is so comfortable, and it was worth the wait.  Here's a photo:

We've had another busy week of getting educated about babies, with our last childbirth class this past Monday and a breastfeeding class on Wednesday.  We have an infant care class next Monday, and then we'll be done with classes - thank goodness!  The breastfeeding class was kind of funny, because we ended up being the only ones in the class, and the instructor was looking around for her props saying, "Where's my baby?  Where's that breast?"  Matt and I looked at each other wondering "What have we gotten into?", but it got better, and it ended up being pretty informative even though it had its moments of awkwardness.

I'm still doing well with the pregnancy at this point.  A few things I've read have referred to this stage as "heavy with pregnancy", which isn't the most flattering term!  I'm continuing to do low-impact Jazzercise a couple times a week, and I'm still walking Roscoe whenever I can, but I've noticed I'm much slower than I was before.  Oh well!  I'm happy that I'm still able to get out and do the things I enjoy, because my body feels much better afterward.

Here's a glimpse of my 36-week belly:


2 comments:

  1. Remember I delivered Stefan at 37 weeks to the day!!!! Could be a month...could be next week! SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!

    ReplyDelete