Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Marching Forward

 I may sound like a broken record, but it was yet another busy week!  We began with Girl Scouts on Monday, where Evie and I got to learn to make homemade pasta.  It was a little bit tricky to work as a group and get the right consistency for the dough, but eventually we got the hang of it.  We brought home a ball of dough, and Evie made 3 varieties of pasta.  It was delicious!



Tuesday, Evie and Matt had their first gig together!  There was a benefit concert/performance for Peter Riley, a beloved community member, photographer, musician and a father of an Irish dancer.  He is battling cancer, and the community came out to show their love and support for him.  It was an incredible show with 9 bands and two sets of Irish dancing!

At the end of the week, we gathered to celebrate Nana Mil's life at her wake and funeral.  Right before I left for the wake, I got another little comfort sign from Nana Mil.  I checked the mail, and I often get Catholic-themed junk mail.  I opened this particular one, and it had a beautiful poem titled "Safely Home," with words that couldn't have been any more perfect.  Seeing so many friends and relatives on Thursday and Friday was uplifting, and we could certainly feel her spirit among us.  I was honored to be able to play my flute as part of her funeral mass, and Evie and Noah brought up the gifts.  Getting back to normal life after all the family time has been hard, but even when we feel sad, we find some moments of joy in each day and honor Nana Mil's wishes for us to have a Happy Day, Every Day.



It was almost like Mother Nature knew that we needed a breather, because we got a big snowstorm on Saturday, and everything was cancelled!  Aside from vacation, I can't remember the last time we had a completely free day like that.  We stayed in our PJ's until noon, then ventured out for some Maple Open House weekend treats, went x-c skiing, then had some delicious game food and watched March Madness.





Homemade Corn Dogs!  YUM!

Noah's halftime show

Noah's at-home version of March Madness


Sunday, we had a few adventures, including 2 mice in our house.  EEK!  The first one ran right across the living room, and after that one was caught, Frankie found a second one.  Let's hope we got them all!

Mouse Patrol!

Having fun at Jack's birthday party

Evie made this blanket over the weekend!

Belated Irish Soda bread, since we were too busy to make it before St. Patrick's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment