We are just back from a 10 day vacation at Shadow Lake with the Zehnacker fam. It was a great, long break from reality. There was hardly any cell or internet access, my mom fed us all very well, and we had lots of helping hands with the kids and Roscoe. Evie (and I) cried when it was time to come home!
| Evie made this sign: "We are not going home ever never" |
Noah had a tough time sleeping the first night at camp, so we ended up with him in the full-sized bed with me and Matt (VERY cozy). Thankfully, he acclimated and slept in his crib after that night. I also discovered while brushing his teeth that two of his two-year molars have popped through, and the other two are on their way. I guess I can go back to blaming all bad moods on teething, but at least these are the last ones - hooray! Thankfully, we could distract him with fun activities most of the time at camp!
Evie and Colby were best buds at camp, and I feel like we hardly saw our girl, except when she was hungry!
| Notice the title of the book: "The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Vacation!" |
| 1942 amphibious jeep launching into Shadow Lake |
| 4th of July beach games |
| Old Maid |
Grown-ups (and dogs) had lots of chances for fun and relaxation with the extra babysitters around, too!
Both kids LOVED being at camp, because there was always something going on and someone to play with them. Noah's favorite thing was the homemade "drum set" that Grandpa made for him out of buckets and pots and pans. Evie's favorite was going for her first-ever tube ride behind the boat!
It wouldn't be a trip to camp without the annual family photos! Take a good look at this number of people, and I'll remind you that camp has ONE bathroom!
And of course, family vacations are never perfect...
| The truck was packed to the gills. The bikes were a new addition this year, but we ended up using them quite a bit! |
| Swim diaper poop. EGADS! |






No comments:
Post a Comment