Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Happy Birthday Dear Daddy, Happy Birthday to you!

First, and most importantly, Happy Birthday to Matt tomorrow!  He is such a fun, creative, generous dad and the best partner I could wish for.  We are reaching that threshold where we've spent almost half of our lives together (!), and I look forward to many more adventures together.  Love you, honey!
Wooden shoes?  (real ones arriving soon!)
B-Day celebration #1
Sweet treats for birthday week!
Evie has been my little buddy lately, and when she heard I was going to get a pedicure in preparation for our trip, she wanted to come.  It was her first time getting her toenails professionally painted, and she was so cute!  We also took a girls trip downtown and I joined her on a field trip.  It's always nice to have a little one-on-one time with my girl!
Matching jackets
Pedicure time!
Field trip to the Audobon Center to look for animal tracks

Noah is such a little dude now.  He discovered his pockets this week and walks around like a little man with his hands in his pockets.  Next thing I know, he's going to be whistling a tune while he browses through the hardware store!  Other favorite things for Noah include playing outside (especially throwing snowballs into puddles), drumming (obviously), and grilling plastic food for me.  He's generally a champion of a sleeper these days, and often I wake him up when he's still asleep at 10am!  The weird thing with Noah is that once in a while, he'll have a TERRIBLE night (which he did on Saturday night), and he'll be up every hour needing comfort, snuggles, etc.  Every time it happens, we blame teething and wonder how we survived life with a newborn!  


And, I have to share a little story.  We took the kids sledding and brought Roscoe along over the weekend.  Somehow, the hook on Roscoe's leash caught my cozy down jacket and tore a huge hole in it.  I sat down on the bench right there and cried as the down feathers from my jacket blew across the icy field!  Long story short, Eddie Bauer has an AMAZING return policy, and they gave me a brand new jacket, no questions asked.  Now that I've told all of you, I'm off to write them a thank-you note!
Sad jacket

No comments:

Post a Comment