It's hard to believe our little guy has been with us for three weeks already. We are pretty sure that Noah had another growth spurt this past week, because he was eating every 30 minutes, and had a VERY fussy night, where he screamed and cried from 4:00-6:30 am. Fortunately, after we got through that, he has been happy again, and he's been sleeping for longer periods. We usually get one longer stretch of sleep at night (4-6 hours), and then he'll go back to sleep for another few hours. It's not horrible, but I am feeling the sleep debt catching up with me. I have also had a cold this past week, and so has Evie, so that has added to the sense of exhaustion around here. Two steps forward, one step back, it seems!
I keep waiting to feel like we've hit our stride, but at this point, I feel like we are muddling our way through each day. I haven't figured out how to balance the two kids, because I constantly feel like I'm ignoring one to focus on the other. Bouncing Noah and soothing him? Evie gets to play on my phone for a few minutes. Painting with Evie? Noah gets plunked in his swing. The one thing I can do when I feel like both kids are happy is to simultaneously breastfeed Noah and snuggle Evie while reading them a book. This list of activities will expand over time, I hope!
Fortunately, we do have one other activity now - we can go for walks! Matt and I found a great deal on a used double jogger, so now we can go out for walks with both kids. Of course, my mommy guilt is in full effect, because I can't quite manage the double jogger and Roscoe yet, so even when both kids are happy, Roscoe is depressed. Argh!
Our big outing for the week was a visit to Aunt Judy's farm for my cousin's graduation party. Evie LOVES to go to the farm, and she was lucky to be able to hold their baby chicks that were only a few days old when we were there. It's such a beautiful Vermont experience every time we visit.
We were happy to have a visit from some more friends this week who generously brought us dinner and experienced our crazy life for a few hours. It is so nice to see other adults after spending all day with kids. Thank you Al, Erin, and Joe!
We also had a nice Father's Day on Sunday, although I wished I had more time and energy to do more for Matt. I always like to bake something special for him, but that was simply not in the cards for this year. Next year he'll get a batch of homemade cinnamon buns, I promise! Matt played drums at church in the morning, and I managed to get there with both kids, then we had some time at home before visiting both of our dads. We are lucky to have everyone nearby, and are incredibly grateful for our awesome dads!
 |
| Visiting Grandpa Tom |
 |
| Rocket balloons with Grandpa |
 |
| Grandpa Zeke and some of his grandkids |
 |
| Dad and his girls |
 |
| Grandpa Zeke and more of his girls |
 |
| Grandpa and Elliot |
No comments:
Post a Comment