Okay, I can set my irrational anxieties aside...we had another ultrasound on Monday to help train an OB/GYN resident, and she was able to confirm that we are in fact having a girl and that she's very healthy! They estimated that she weighs about 4.5 pounds right now, which would put her at about 7.5 pounds by the due date. We're grateful for the confirmation of her gender after we painted the room pink and had a baby shower filled with beautiful pink girl items over the weekend.
I was completely overwhelmed with the love and generosity at the shower, and I want to especially thank my mom and Paula for putting the whole party together in our honor. Here are a few pictures from the shower:
 |
| Baby Cake from Aunt Kristine |
 |
| Diaper cake from Jean |
 |
| Loads of gifts for our little girl |
 |
| Personalized M&M's |
 |
| Kristine, Carly, Me, Mom, Paula |
We also had our maternity photos done on Saturday, and they came out beautiful! I'll post some of them later this week. Since we loved the photographer so much, we are thinking we'll have her come back and take some newborn photos right after the baby is born.
On Monday, we met our pediatrician, who seems like he will be fantastic, and we had our first childbirth class. The class turned out to be good, and it already helped to address some of my worries about childbirth! I'm glad we're doing it, and even though it makes for a long day on Mondays, it is going to be well worth it.
The dresser/changing table also arrived this week, so Matt and I assembled it last night. It had a LOT of pieces, but we're excited to have it together and in the room. Next step: lots of baby laundry so we can fill up the dresser!
I love the dresser and can't wait to see it full of baby items! Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteWe are awfully glad we're getting a girl! Gotta balance the ranks!
ReplyDelete