The baby is 34 weeks along in her little life this week. She is about the weight of a cantaloupe at 4.75 pounds, and she's about 18 inches long. She is far enough along in her development that we have reached the point where she'd likely be just fine, even if she was born today. What a good feeling!
I'm feeling pretty good, although I am a little more tired and perhaps a bit more edgy lately. I have had more heartburn this week which is not fun, and I have to get up to pee just about every night now (I previously had a nice long period where I was sleeping all night long, and I like my sleep!). The baby's movements are so pronounced that you can see my belly moving all over the place as her elbows, knees, and feet protrude. I think she's starting to get a bit crowded in there! The good news is that I'm cashing in my gift certificate that Matt got me for a prenatal massage tomorrow, so that will be a nice treat.
I've also been feeling more anxious about the impending labor and delivery as the big day approaches, and then we watched videos of births at our childbirth class last night! ARGH! Next week, our childbirth class will be at the hospital, although we can't go into the birthing center or maternity ward due to flu season restrictions. We've actually been enjoying our class quite a bit, and I especially like that our instructor ends each class with a guided relaxation period. Our instructor also recommended sitting on a yoga ball, which I've been doing at home and have found to be very comfortable.
Preparations of the baby's room are continuing, and we're hoping to get a book case or some type of storage furniture this weekend so that we can the last of the shower gifts put away. Last weekend, we washed all the clothes and bedding, and we got the crib all made up and ready to sleep in. We're still waiting for the glider to arrive, and then I'll feel like we're in pretty good shape in the nursery. We ordered a big box of newborn diapers this week, so we have those ready and waiting, but I'm sure the 108 diapers will barely get us through the first week!
Here are the 34 week belly photos (I'm starting to feel like a cartoon character with my body shape!):
No comments:
Post a Comment